108 Sun Salutations
Time & Location
About the Event
Join us in celebrating the Spring Solstice with a special event!
YOGA MALA is a special practice of a cycle of 108 sun salutations or Surya Namaskar. This combination of physical movement, breath work, and mindfulness results in a dynamic meditation that energizes the body, mind, and spirit.
This particular practice is often done to activate positive intentions and at the start of a new season. Spring Equinox is a time of rebirth, new beginnings, and spiritual awakening.
The flow or sun salutations is very strengthening, energizing and detoxing for the body and mind.
Why 108? This is a sacred number in yoga tradition that has connections to various energetical and physical topics:
* The number 108 appears in ancient, sacred texts. For example, there are 108 Upanishads and 108 Tantras
* In numerology, 108 equals 9, which symbolizes universal love, eternity and awakening
* In Ayurveda, there are 108 sacred points on the body
* In astronomy, the distance between the Sun and Earth is roughly 108 times the Sun’s diameter
*Mala bead necklaces have 108 beads, which are used to count during meditation
Can I do this?
Everyone is welcomed to join in! Although our goal number of cycles is 108, you do not physically have to do all of the sun salutations. Everyone is welcomed to take a break, breathe, meditate at any point during our practice. The goal is for us to create a community and a circle of people welcoming the new season and just being present in the room and sharing energies with others.
We will end the practice with a nice long shavasana with a guided meditation and sounds of healing Tibetan singing bowls.
Investment: $15 or C9000.
Fitness Studio, 2nd floor, Hostel la Botella de Leche
- 108 Sun Salutations$15$150$0